Monday, February 15, 2016

Hanging stuff and new furniture

The other day Mom and Dad said they were going to the beach. As members of the Aviation Professionals Club they get access to beach clubs among other things. They went to the Ritz-Carlton.
 

It was the last day before Dad started on the floor of the control room so they decided to go have a nice day together before he started shift-work again. 

I figured I should update you on the stuff Mom and Dad have bought for the new digs. They have also been hanging things. Mom took the pictures since I do not have opposable thumbs. It is not done yet, but she felt you may be interested in seeing.

 
Corner of the living room where Mom is setting up her trinkets on her purple bookcase that got shipped over in the big box. Note they bought the curtains off the owners, it's a lot of windows and would have been hard.
 
A panoramic shot of the living room that is distorted because Mom is not good with that function, she promises the back wall is flat and not concave. Some wedding photos and their airplane figurine collection are on the TV stand. My toys and bed are over near the window.
 
 View to the backyard, that's my bed again, and also my house that doubles as a side table. 

The living room opens into the dining room, David Burton artwork is on the wall. 

 The sidebar with some pictures and bowl and plate from Grandma. 

 Kitchen. Figured it was boring and you didn't need multiple photos. However, this is one of my favorite rooms as I can sometimes steal snacks that fall to the floor.
 
Mom wanted you to see their "Cleared for Takeoff"chalkboard picture and their flag from Grandma. That in there with all the boxes is the Maid's room, which Mom and Dad say will be storage room. She could have shut the door but forgot.

More Dave Burton art, and a locally-made thing Mom bought here on her last trip. It is hand painted tiles, there is a palm tree, Hamsa, a Camel, and an Arabic coffee urn. This is the half bath downstairs.

 Front door, Mom's bird clock, and a David Burton print.

 Our SR-71 print.

 View down from the stairs. DB paintbrush on the left, Roger that down in the living room, Picasso's smile print on the right.

 Dresser and mirror with more things Mom brought. She says that doll is from when she was born. 

My new bed they got me, they shouldn't have. Oh wait, Mom is saying they didn't...

Curtains, they are leaves and are pretty, with a blue sheer underneath. They got them made for a good price. I like to lay out on that balcony. I enjoy viewing my kingdom from above and also relaxing, in fact, here was me last week. My eyes are closed too...


Terrace out front on the second floor.

Here is the front of the house.
 (that is Mom's new car she got a few weeks ago, it's a red Audi S3)
 
And here is a partial view of the yard from that balcony I like so much.

Other things not pictures include a second bedroom with suitcases in it, both of those bathrooms, and the landing area/study upstairs that will probably be where a desk goes. 

In other news, Mom has her residence visa as of this morning. She now is waiting for her ID card, and then once she gets that she can go get her diver's license. Then all her paperwork will be done (Dad's already is).

Dog out.


3 comments:

  1. It looks good. You've been busy...but glad all the art work found a home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to live on your terrace! It looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I need friends! You can live in the guest room!

      Delete